Friday, July 8, 2016

Running Review 7/8/16

One week closer to the marathon!

Saturday 7/2/16: Why do people not keep their dogs on leash or at heel when they're in the park where they're supposed to? Molly & I ran through about 5 miles of the trail along the river and we encountered 3 dogs who ran up on us. Luckily Molly isn't reactive or defensive of me when other dogs run up like that, but what if she were? What if she decided that the poodle who didn't listen to his owner yelling at him to come back was a threat to us? It is actually written into the local bylaws that dogs are to be on leash or at heel at all times in the parks or along the trails.

Anyways, we ran just over 7 miles in 1 hour 22 minutes. Molly was tired. I think she's getting tired of the long runs, though she still gets super happy when we go out and she follows me around all morning if she thinks it might get her a run.



Sunday 7/3/16: I did hot yoga at the gym! It was absolutely fantastic! It was super relaxing and very centering. It wasn't easy, by any means, but it was a good hard. I definitely want to do that again, maybe even more than once a week!

Monday 7/4/16: We had reduced hours at work (only 8 1/2 hours!) so I got to sleep in just a little bit. Molly and I ran 3.8 in 42 minutes.



Tuesday 7/5/16: Off day!

Wednesday 7/6/16: I felt unbeatable! Molly & I ran (and I totally exhausted her) and we did 5 miles in 51 minutes. I had a PR for 5k and fastest mile - 28:50 and 8:34, respectively.



Thursday 7/7/16: I took the day off, because Ty said he wanted to go skate by the river Friday morning! I shouldn't have taken the day off...

Friday 7/8/16: Ty & I slept in this morning and didn't go down to the river. I'm actually going to go for a quick 3 mile run with Molly as soon as I post this!

No comments:

Post a Comment