Sunday, July 31, 2016

Desert Knits Episode 15: Lots of WIPs, no FOs

It was a longer episode than I expected today! I had a lot more WIPs than I thought I did...


WIPS:

Inglenook Fibers Princess Bride Sicklebatt set is almost done! I only have part of a batt of one color left.

Roork's black Shetland fiber (I think that's who it came off of...) spun in laceweight.

Romney combing is coming along! The bag is far less stuffed than it started out being.

That sock project from last time? Yeah, still working on it. I've made it through the heel & then a couple rounds. Really not very far at all.

Breed Study:

I carded some of the Coopworth waste into a rolag & spun a little sample on my Enid Ashcroft Midge. I have 25 grams of waste rolags to send to a friend to see what she thinks of it too. More info to come in another blog post...

I carded some of the Cormo fleece and spun a little sample of that on my Enid Ashcroft Midge as well - I love it! It worked out very nicely with a very even yarn and very few neps.

Natural Dyeing:

I collected and dried Black Eyed Susan flowers for dyeing with next weekend. More info on that to come in another blog post...

Running Review:

I've been sick all week so I haven't been running at all! I'm feeling a whole heck of a lot better now, though not 100%. I'll be back to running by next weekend, though it'll be interesting to see how training goes from here. I may not run the marathon that I was planning to run. Might do one later in the year, or even wait until next year. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment