Sunday, July 3, 2016

Desert Knits Episode 13: What A Haul!

Black Sheep Gathering 2016. It was amazing! I came home with more stuff than I left with, as well as some stuff that got sent off to a friend on the other side of the country. In my episode today you get to hear about a lot of what I did, what classes I went to, what I got, and what I plan to do next year.



WIPs:

Combing grocery bag full of Coopworth
 (maybe turn the waste from combing into little felted nests for the rats?)
Inglenook Fibers Princess Bride Sicklebatts for the Arwen SAL and Princess Bride SAL
 (both SALs are technically over now, but I'm only done with half of the singles. I'll definitely be  continuing the spin on my supports!)
Jenkins Turkish TDF Shetland spin with my ebony Lark/Jay
Jenkins Turkish long term work singles on horn spindle

The Haul:

3 Romney fleeces, 1 oz of angora, grocery bag full of Cormo, grocery bag full of Coopworth, half a pillowcase full of Shetland
Chameleon Dyeworks 75/25 BFL/Tussah Silk in Lichen
FeltStudioUK 60/20/20 faux cashmere, soy silk, tencel
Enid Ashcroft "midge" in Bocote wood with a Burmese teak shaft
Jenkins horn spindle
Woodland Woodworking acorn support spindle
KCL Woods support spindle, maple burl with maple shaft

The Classes:

Color Tricks in Spinning with Janel Laidman
 (I'm not sure what to do with these samples)
Novely Yarns with Judie Overbeek
 (wall hanging sampler with the novelty yarns to come... eventually...)

No comments:

Post a Comment