Sunday, July 17, 2016

Desert Knits Episode 14: Feeling Disheartened


There are only a couple weeks left for Warrior Camp! The community built in the group is a wonderful one & one that I'm proud to be part of. If you're interested in joining us (any earning some points to win some cool prizes) come find us on Ravelry! We have Advocare samples, yarn dyed by The Happy Little Dye Pot, handspun by me, a project bag or two, and more!

Blog news: I'm putting this out there into a public forum - I will be posting to the blog more frequently! I'm still figuring out a schedule, but it's going to happen. I'm not saying I'm going to try, I'm saying I will and it is going to happen. I'm thinking Romney fleece updates on Mondays, Wordless Wednesdays, Running Review Fridays, every other Sunday will have a podcast with show notes. I want to do yarn reviews, project updates, breed/fiber study posts, and a garden tour or two. I just don't think those will happen every week, so I don't know where to stick them!

WIPs:
Tour de Fleece Jenkins spin - just over 25 grams done!
The Happy Little Dye Pot basic slipped stitch ribbed sock
Romney fleece processing

FOs:
Coopworth and Romney sample cards
320 yards, 109 grams of Sport weight Coopworth
   Knit it into a pair of mittens and a headband lined with something else?

Running:
Feeling disheartened, I feel like I'm running "slower than a herd of turtles running through molasses." I feel like training is going backwards. I need to rejuvenate my love of running - I'll update you on how that goes! I'm going to revamp my running schedule too. Give myself an easier time on my long work days (10.5 hour days at work don't make for easy days to run and get all my chores done too) and I'll run harder on my shorter day and off days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment