Friday, July 1, 2016

Running Review 7/1/16

Yeah, okay, I skipped posting last week. But for a very good reason! I was in Eugene, Oregon for Black Sheep Gathering! I left Thursday afternoon, spent until Sunday afternoon there, and drove home. It was one of the most exhausting things I've done in a very long time, but it was definitely one of the most fun things I've done in a very long time too. But, that's not why you're here. You're here for my running review. I have to admit there isn't going to be very much to read today... even though I skipped last week's post... I also took time off running because I was so busy at BSG doing all kinds of wool and spinning and fiber things!

Anyways, on to the review.

6/18: I ran 3.25 miles in 40 minutes. It was a "stride, stretch, and sip" event where I did a run, followed by yoga, and then wine tasting! I ran with the yoga instructor and a fellow yoga student (do they call them students? aspiring yogis? yoga groupie?). It was the most relaxing run I've done in a very long time. We chatted and laughed and encouraged the other yoga student (she's used to treadmills and not running for very long). Even though I wouldn't call it a "training run" it was a heck of a lot of fun and I think that it helped to see how far I've come from a person who did not run into a person who plans errands and weekend chores around long runs. The yoga was amazing too, and definitely makes me want to include a yoga practice in my training. I am going to try the hot yoga gym one of these days...

6/19: Free yoga in the park! Sooooo... 5.25 mile run with Molly before yoga, followed by a 2.5 mile run by myself to finish it off. 7.75 miles total. Not my recommended training amount, but it got too hot. And I got too hungry.

6/20: 3.11 miles in 35 minutes with Molly. Basic run, not really much more to say about it.

6/22: 5.5 mile run in 1 hour with Molly. We almost got run over in a crosswalk on our way home. It wasn't dark, we weren't dashing across traffic, we were legal. It's astonishing how many people just don't pay attention!

6/23-26: I was in Eugene, walking everywhere, realizing I wasn't drinking enough water or eating enough food, but having the best fun with sheep and alpaca and fiber and spinning and friends! Barb (a friend I ran into down there) and I did a few yoga poses every morning.



6/27-28: Lots and lots and lots of sleeping while I wasn't at work.

6/29: Finally feeling a little bit more like a human, so I started running again! 3 miles in 33 minutes with Molly.

6/30: 5.28 miles with Molly in 58 minutes. We almost got run over in a crosswalk again! This time by a big truck pulling a boat.

7/1: Off day!

No comments:

Post a Comment