Friday, June 17, 2016

Running Review 6/17/16

Saturday 6/11: I ran with Molly! We had a good run. We ran along the bypass highway, down by the Fred Meyer and plant nursery, and then down to the river. Molly got to go wading in the river for a few minutes while we were down there. She was really interested in that swan that wasn't too far out! (You can see a picture in the last podcast notes post I did.) I wore my Nathan running pack thing. It was wonderful! I didn't have any trouble carrying my camera. It held plenty of water for a hot morning run, my camera, my phone, my headphones (which died 1.25 miles into my run - it wasn't horrible but I was enjoying my Zombies, Run! mission), a roll of dog poop bags, a couple handfuls of almonds, and had plenty of room for more stuff. I think I may incorporate a little bit of grocery store runs into my running routine - pick up a couple bananas and whatever fruit I want for the week (or day if it's a morning before work!) while I'm out running. We did 8.5 miles in 1 hour 35 minutes. Turns out it gets really hot really quickly on hot days and I definitely didn't wake up early enough! Who knew?! haha Our average pace was 11:32 min/mile, best pace was 5:27 min/mile. That fast bit must have been on a steep downhill for maybe half a second...

Sunday 6/12: Off day.

Monday 6/13: I couldn't drag my lazy ass out of bed in the morning. I did take the dogs for a nice walk in the evening after work, but I couldn't tell you how far it was or anything.

Tuesday 6/14: I woke up when I would normally get up for running (5:45am), looked at the time on my phone, rolled over, cuddled up to Ty, and went back to sleep. Tuesday is cross training day and I knew that I would be going to the gym after work. Bodyjam was awesome that night!

Wednesday 6/15: I did 2 miles exactly. Did you know that Dream's barn is 1 mile from my house? Yup. I ran to take care of the horse, did the chores there, and ran home. I wasn't sure how long it would take to do that and wanted to get a good baseline for how much time it would take. It was actually really nice and cool out! It was perfect and I would have loved to get a few more miles in, but Ty was too exhausted to get out to Dream's barn. I did the responsible thing and made sure that his giant litter box was scooped (that's what picking up horse poop reminds me of) and that he was fed. Anyways, I did the 2 miles in 21 minutes. Average moving pace was 10:30 min/mile, best pace was 7:50 min/mile.

Thursday 6/16: I did the Dream thing again. This time I ran an extra mile after taking care of horse chores before getting home. It was another wonderfully cool morning! Very abnormal for this time of year. 3 miles in 35 minutes. Not speedy, but it felt wonderful. Average pace was 11:02 min/mile, best pace was 8:44 min/mile.

Friday 6/17: Off day! Though I did look at a lot of yoga things. And running things. And take a little video of Crouton hanging out with me while I was on the computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment