Sunday, March 19, 2017

Episode 35: Shearing, Spin Ins, and Dyeing

I was seriously taken down by whatever the latest crud is that's going around. I am still carrying around a few tissues, just in case, and drowning in tea. I appologize tremendously if I still sound a little funny!

I do have a whole heck of a lot to share with you guys! Even though I was sick, I did get a lot done and help with quite a few things! Shetland sheep shearing, Log Cabin Spin In, Etsy photography and listings, business cards, spinning, knitting, planning...


The Happenings Around Here
We've started getting seeds out and planting some things (radish, beets, lettuces, tomatoes, peppers). The Shetland sheep at Leslie's farm needed shearing. The NWRSA conference 2019 planning has begun. I went to the Log Cabin Spin In in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho yesterday with a few friends. I did get a lot of spinning done, but I also made connections with fellow Pocket Wheel owners, talked to a lady about natural dyeing with lichens and mushrooms, and got to pet a baby BFL sheep!
I'll be starting up a dye cookbook/notebook and beginning to coll ect more dye books and information. 
WIPs

  1. Jenkins March SAL - IF "Concord Grape"
  2. Hobbledehoy "Gemmy Batts"
  3. Honey Badger socks using Three Fates Yarns Terra Sock in "Blondie"
FOs
  1. Romney Skeins (680 yards of Worsted, total)
  2. Getting my Etsy store up and running again, with partial listings
(And here's the list of books from Amazon... I decided to be lazy and not actually list them...)

No comments:

Post a Comment