Friday, March 3, 2017

Handspun, Handmade Business

I don't know if any of you have noticed, or even knew that I had one, but my Etsy storefront has been closed for some time now. I'm planning on opening the little shop thing again, but I'm running into a dilemma. I want to change my shop name, but to what? I want to change my focus a little bit, but that requires a bit more time. I'm also attending the Prineville, OR Fiber Market Day. I don't feel like it's very fair to open a new Etsy store with a new name, without a lot of stock. Or open with full stock, and then a week or two later put the shop on vacation again so I can drive down to Oregon!

I will be more focused on spinning and yarn, with just a few accessories. I also plan to provide some of my dried flowers for natural dyeing every once in a while, or when they're in season!

This is all requiring a build up of stock, new photos, a real business card, a marketing plan, a budget, and all of that while I'm doing everything that I normally do! Those things like work and horse care and dog care and try to have some time to spin and knit for myself.

There will be more on this later...

P.S. what do you think of "Whirling Marigolds" as a business name?

No comments:

Post a Comment