Monday, February 13, 2017

A Struggle

I count everyone who has fiber in their hands as friends. I think of us as a big, generous, full of love, life, support, ready to celebrate, ready to mourn, always there family. It's been a struggle the last months, with all the election stuff, the administration in office now, the policies and changes that are just all over the place. The kind of love and support that has been seen, not just in the US but around the world, has been incredible! I don't care to talk about politics much. It's an intensely personal subject, and one that can cause a lot of arguments. I don't like arguments. I don't like adrenaline. 

Really bad arguments actually make my head pound, my whole body go sweaty and hot and cold, and I begin to feel nauseous. I try to avoid that. And, most of the time, I can!

Photo cred: Voice of America - Brian Allen,
taken from the Pussyhat Project front page
I just want to say, "Thank you." To those of you who have contributed in some way already, for those of you who have planned to contribute, and those of you who stand in support, whether that support is silent or not. Thank you. 

Our fiber friends, our fiber family, even those who are fiber worthy in our lives, we're all in this world together. We may not all agree on everything all the time, but we all need to get along and to function together. 

With all that said, I'm so excited to share this hat that a friend of mine made for me! She used a Montedale fleece, so it's actually soft enough for me to wear! She doesn't knit, I don't felt. This was the beginning of a wonderful trade. I will be knitting her a pair of Peace de Resistance mittens in return. I have a few pairs of these mittens planned - now we just need to see if I can get them knit in a somewhat timely manner!

No comments:

Post a Comment