Saturday, September 3, 2016

Studio Tour

To call my space a studio might be stretching it a little bit, but my wall of crafting is coming along! After a little bit of reorganization in the kitchen, we moved the bookcase from the kitchen to my space!

I share my crafting space with the couch and TV, as well as Ty's computer and gaming corner. It works for us! And, as you might remember from an earlier post, we don't have a huge floorplan in our house. The living room is where we spend most of our time while we're inside. Well, that or in the kitchen! Along my craft wall there would normally be a doorway into the kitchen, but some remodel done years ago removed that doorway.


The space I have to work with is about 4 feet wide and follows the whole length of the room. This is what people see when they walk in through the front door. It certainly gives people a good idea of what I do for fun! I'm making that wall into a gallery of beautiful and meaningful pieces of artwork. To have such an inspirational backdrop for my creative area is important to me. Eventually the whole wall, even up to the ceiling, will be full!


We're working on making my space a usable and pleasant to look at area. What this means to me is getting rid of or limiting the use of plastic storage bins. It won't be entirely possible to do away with all plastic storage (there's really nothing easier to store yarn and fiber and be sure it'll stay reasonably dog hair free, as well as dirt free). I have my converted kitchen table lifted up about 5 inches so I can work from my table either standing or sitting. That height also allows me to store a couple plastic tubs stuffed with yarn and fiber under the table. It's from that table that I record all my podcasts, write up blog posts, and interact with all my peeps on Ravelry.

What does your studio space look like? Is it long and skinny like mine? Do you have a whole room to work with? Or just a basket set beside your couch? I'd love to hear what kind of space you have to work in!

No comments:

Post a Comment