Monday, September 5, 2016

Breed Study: Romney, A Continuation

I'm still working through the medium grey Romney fleece. I'm totally in love with this fleece! It's soft, it has wonderful luster, and it's so easy to comb and spin!



I've made quite a bit of progress, even though it doesn't really look like it. I've been combing, spinning on my wheel, and combing more to refill the basket.



I have a plan for this fiber that I can't wait to see completed!



I will pair this finished yarn with my Princess Bride yarn, design and knit into a circle shawl. I'm envisioning garter, lace, and a small bit of color blocking. I only need about umpteenmillion yards, right?

Question for you guys: how do you spin for consistency? This will only be my second spin over multiple bobbins worth of singles. The first one was a traditional 3 ply, which definitely helped even things out but this one will only be a 2 ply!

No comments:

Post a Comment