Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Alpaca Farm Open House

There's a local alpaca farm that has a few open houses a year. During these open house events, fiber artists from the area are invited to come set up tables to sell things, come hang out and spin, and meet all the alpaca. Last weekend was the most recent open house and I was happy to go again!


I brought a little table to set up some handspun, WIP bags, and fiber for sale. I did make a couple sales, but it wasn't as busy as the last open house. It was hot! It wasn't too bad in the shade, I guess, but geez! There are times I wonder why the hell I live in the desert. It was hovering right around 100F the whole day. I think the only saving grace is that there was shade and a light breeze!


There were a few of the local fiber people there with wheels, so it was nice to see them and the projects that they were working on.




And the alpaca! The stars of the show! The reason we were all there! They were super adorbs and so sweet!


And, of course, I came home with a fleece... and a project idea... what kind of fiber addict would I be without coming home with a fleece?!

Have you spun alpaca before? Knit with it? What do you think of it as a fiber?


No comments:

Post a Comment