Wednesday, May 17, 2017

"Three Fates" Shawl FO

I love doing test knits. Especially when they're wonderfully designed and thoughtfully put together!


This was a test knit for Amanita (aka Agata Mackiewicz)


When she asked if there would be anyone interested in doing a test knit that combined cables and garter stitch in a shawl pattern, I jumped on the opportunity! Cables are one of my favorite things to knit. Seriously. They're so much fun! Garter is something that I wasn't really sure about... I tend to get really bored with garter stitch... it's just so basic. 


This knit, though, really seemed to move along very quickly!I used Misti Alpaca Baby Suri Alpaca & Silk, and the weight of the alpaca makes this shawl drape so wonderfully. I very, very, very lightly blocked the shawl. I don't even think that I needed to block it! 



I used almost all of 7 skeins of yarn to knit this. I actually got rather frustrated that the yarn only came in 50 gram amounts... so many ends to weave in... but it was so worth it! 



Now, all the important information for the pattern:

Pattern Name: Forest Mystery
Yarn: DK weight
Yardage: 700 - 735 yards
Needles: US 6 & 7

No comments:

Post a Comment