Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Jenkins 10 Years of Ravelry SAL: January Recap

So, Ravelry is having its 10 year birthday this year! In celebration of this wonderful website being around, connecting fiber artists and fiber minded people, developing friendships around the world, and inspiring people, the Jenkins YarnTools group is having a year long spin-a-long with Jenkins Turkish spindles!



There are going to be 10 challenges over the course of the year. January is just about over, and I've finished up my January singles for the SAL challenge. The January challenge was all about spinning the rainbow as a group, rules laid down by our group momma:

"January: A piece of the rainbow!!

This will be a one month challenge with a min. weight requirement of 50g.
To kick off our year of challenges we will try to create a colorful rainbow! Each person can pick from the following list of 10 colors. Spin some fiber that has at least 75% of the one color of your choice. The higher the percentage the better! (this is not hard and fast…just try to make sure the fiber you choose is mostly one color!)
Colors of the rainbow!
  • Red
  • orange
  • green
  • blue
  • yellow
  • purple
  • pink
  • brown
  • grey
  • white"

The color that I chose to spin this month was pink. I used my hand cards and blended a bunch of pink and shades of pink together into a batt.



Then I used my Jay and spun two turtles of pink! I ended up with 59 grams of a lovely pink, shot through with orange, green, and blue.



I decided that I needed something else to spin for the rest of January and carded up some blue.



Well, I'm not quite done with the blue yet, but I'm already looking forward to spinning the February challenge fiber! Now I just need to pick which empty spindle to use...


No comments:

Post a Comment