Sunday, August 28, 2016

Desert Knits Episode 17: Local Fair Time

I can't believe it's already been 2 weeks since I recorded my last podcast! I don't feel like I've gotten enough done to justify a recording...



First off, I have to apologize about the cats...

Warrior Camp Prize drawings were done this episode! Winners, please, get in touch with me so that I can mail out your prizes.

My WIPs continue to be combing the Romney fleece. I am making progress, I promise! It just doesn't really look like it anymore because there is so much fiber. I've also spun up a sample card so that I can match the Princess Bride yarn and knit a giant circle shawl.

Some of my DFA peeps at the fair
Also finished a little sample card for a different Romney fleece - it's not as silky feeling as the one I'm combing. I need to get a set of combs with fewer rows of teeth so I can compare how the carded prep compares with the combed prep.

handspun
I reviewed the local fair a little bit. I loved walking around and seeing everything. It was fun to see the sheep, though all of them were primarily meat sheep. I was disappointed to find a couple of my giant shawls folded up. Oh! And on one of my comment sheets the judge didn't realize that my circle shawl was a shawl.. she thought it may have been a tablecloth... It was really fun to see which ribbons I was awarded though!

Zipper
I talked a tiny bit about the trip to Jan's and getting inspired by his wonderful handspun art yarn. (He's going to be selling it, btw. When I learn more about that I'll definitely share!)

Jan's yarn
I have a Schacht Zoom Loom coming from Paradise Fibers. I finally used my birthday gift card! I'm thinking about making a memory blanket from little woven squares... I want to use my handspun samples in the zoom loom to see how my handspun acts. I can see making a throw or a pillowcase or something from all the little squares eventually...

Gadzook the kitten isn't always causing trouble...
Thanks for hanging out this week! Have fun creating! Please share what you're making with me!


No comments:

Post a Comment